Thursday, February 10, 2011

John Alfred Burkhalter: I am not an anarchist

click to enlarge


UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, Western District of Washington
In the Circuit Court of United States, Western District of Washington

I, JOHN ALFRED BURKHALTER, aged 38 years, occupation Dairyman, do affirm that my personal description is: Color white, complexion light, height 6 feet 2 inches, weight 181 pounds, color of hair brown, color of eyes brown, other visible marks ____________; I was born in Neuchatel, Switzerland, on the 28th day of September, anno Domini 1869; I now reside at Menlo, Washington.

I emigrated to the United States of America from Havre, France, on the vessel "S.S. Bourgogne"; my last foreign residence was Leele, Switzerland.

It is my bone fide intention to renounce all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty, and particularly to Switzerland, of which I am now a citizen; I arrived at the port of New York, in the state of New York on our about the 3rd. day of March, anno Domini 1890; I am not an anarchist; I am not a polygamist nor a believer in the practice of polygamy; and it is my intention in good faith to become a citizen of the United States of America, and to permanently reside therein: SO HELP ME GOD.

John Alfred Burkhalter
Subscribed and sworn before me on the 5th day of September anno Domini ??.

No comments:

Post a Comment